Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Progress report, photos



Photos and update courtesy of our friend Phyllis, who spent the morning with Peg.  Phyllis says Peggy is tired but doing well.  Was able to sit up in a chair, brush her teeth (no small feat with tubes plugged into her nose) and have a sponge bath.  She was able to maintain being upright for about half an hour, then was totally pooped.  Medically, the one area they're working on is her blood pressure, which is a bit low.

When Zoë and I saw her around 12:30 she'd been napping, but woke up enough to say howdy.  Zoë brought her camera and showed Peg photos of the goodies she harvested from the veggie garden this morning.

It's 100 degrees today.  Taking Swimmer Girl to the lake in a bit, and I think I'll go in as well.  After dinner we'll head back to the "horse pistol," as Peg called it during her residency 22 years ago.

  

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Peggy,

It is good to see you sitting up. You are in our thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you are in good hands at Mercy. And who else could smile so pretty with a tube up their nose? :-) Hang in there and we hope to see you up and around the neighborhood again soon.

Eric, Thank you for including us in the blog updates. Take care.

The Terry Family

Nancy G said...

Hey Peggy! Cool gown. With an arm band to match. You look great my dear. I'm glad the surgery went well and that you are smiling. Smiles help the visit at the horse pistol go a bit quicker.

Love to you, Nancy

Gina Beck & Family said...

Hello Peggy...
Well you completed the task and we are thrilled to hear you are coming home from the horse pistol! We hope to hear you are back in the vegetable garden harvesting & cooking very soon. We care very much & we'll keep checking in. Love, The Beck Family

Jill B said...

Oakland Seiberlichs all say howdy

Eric, thanks for the blog, its great to hear all the positive news of Peg's progress.

sending our love & healing wishes
Jill & Mark & Lily & Matthew

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy,
In all seriousness, you ARE the world's cutest nose hose holder!
I'm so glad the surgery went well. I am beaming you healing energy--(okay,some of the techniques I learned from the new Star Trek movie:-)
If any shifts become available, I will be there with you, day or night.
With lots of love and lots of prayers, Candice

Eric, thanks for posting the blog! Is Zoe vegetarian? I want to get food out to you guys--Love, Candice

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see you looking so vibrant. Our prayers are with you Eric & Zoe. Love, Cheryl & Steve

Traveling Mom said...

Hi Peggy,
You are amazing! You will have to share your gardening secrets with me some time. I am trying to have a thriving garden but am fighting the soil. My thumb is yellow/green. I will continue to actively pray for your quick recovery and the defeat of that 1mm invader. You have an excellent support group there and that makes me happy. You are a very special person and a great example for us all. Love to you and Eric and Zoe, Jeanne

enitka1954 said...

Gosh you look great - sure you aren't faking all this to get some great hospital food!!!??? This blog is the bomb. I've asked my clan to pray for your clan so you've got that going for you

love Ernie and Vicki