Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Peg's in surgery, I'm at Starbucks

Peggy was in great spirits this morning.  We dropped Zoë at our friends' house, where she'll spend the day and overnight.  The surgeon was ahead of schedule, so she got in a bit early.  Greg (brother-in-law) was there early, and Jeanette (Peg's sister) arrived just as Peg was being wheeled down the hall.  Our friend Marlene is there with Jeanette, and Bruce Patt is going to stop by.

She's in great hands.  Dr. Elliott has performed over 350 surgeries identical to Peg's.

We're in a small-ish waiting area that's just for families of ICU patients.  When Jeanette and I walked in there was some godawful game show on a flat screen TV in the corner, and no one in the room but us and an elderly lady reading a book.  We couldn't figure out how to turn down the volume, so we unplugged it.  Yay!  Then we discovered the buttons on the side.  Doh!  

No wi-fi at the hospital, so I won't be able to update y'all until after the surgery.  This kind of surgery can take two to five hours.  Jeanette, Marlene and I are guessing two and a half.  As soon as Dr. Elliott debriefs us I'll let everyone know what's going on.

Thanks so much for thinking of us and posting comments.  We're all holding Peg in a circle of love.  More soon.

8 comments:

Mirabai said...

Thinking of you and sending mucho love and healing energy to all. Bravo for turning off the TV Eric. I have been a vicim of forced hospital TV and can hardly think of anything less soothing.

Mirabai said...

By the way Mirabai is Phyllis...for some reason I can't just post here w/out accessing some account (like Google).

Dianne Pascoe said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that Peggy was in good spirits this morning.

I have read the other comments. I am so glad that Peggy, Eric and Zoe are surrounded by so many friends and family members lifting her up.

Peggy, I am off to Denver this afternoon. I will do my best to lift up your mom and sisters spirits while I am there.

Traveling Mom said...

Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed. I love you, you live in my heart and I am holding all of you very tight. I sounds like Peggy is in good hands and while I work in my garden today, I am sending all of my good energy to her as always.

Traveling Mom said...

Just so you know Traveling Mom is me, Jeanne Seiberlich, having traveled once and made a blog of it. Smiles, hugs, and kisses to you.

26inaflash said...

Hi Eric,
Tony Schmitz here responding on behalf of all of us Prescottonians. Carolyn intended to post to your blog this morning but got lost in the technology. So I hope this comes through with our sincere wishes for a successful outcome today. We'll be monitoring your blog for updates. Our prayers are with you and Peggy and Zoe.

annloving said...

I have been thinking back today to the first day of kindergarten for the girls. I feel so fortunate to have had our lives intertwined for the past eight years. Thank you Eric for keeping us posted on Peggy's progress. I will continue sending positive thoughts and wishes. You are all on my mind and in my heart.
Ann Loving

Suzanne said...

Hi Eric, Thank you for having Paul Andre call me. I was so relieved to get his message. I would had a hard time leaving tomorrow without knowing that Peg is making good progress.
Peg, I have lots of cards at the office that I will be delivering as soon as you are home and talking sense. I love you.