Sunday, May 6, 2012

The man who almost didn't come to dinner

Bruce and Mary Patt invited Zoë and me to see the Casa Roble High School production of "The Man Who Came To Dinner." We had an early dinner (sushi at our favorite spot, Blue Nami) and the play was unbelievably funny and well-executed. The performances of these kids rivaled anything you'd see on Saturday Night Live.  Bruce took this photo during a dress rehearsal. His ability to capture the essence of a moment never ceases to amaze me.  You can see more of his work here. 

I was the man who almost didn't come to dinner. When Peg was alive, my first inclination was always to beg off on things like this. Zoë would have gone and met up with her friends...and I would have just stayed home.  When she first told me she wanted to see the play, before I came to my senses, I actually said I'd just stay here.

Thinking back on what a wonderful night we had, not just the play itself but connecting with friends, it's hard to believe I even considered staying behind and "getting things done." That would have been a real loss.
________________________

A few minutes ago we dragged the telescope out to see the "super moon" (larger and brighter than normal). So annoyingly bright we packed up and came back inside. There's just something wrong about having to wear sunglasses at night.




No comments: