Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The river

Two not so random papers from Peg's collection today. The first was a printed quote from Hopi elders in Oraibi, Arizona:

"There is a river flowing very fast now. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold onto the shore....
Know this river has a destination and a purpose. Now let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep your eyes open and your heads above water. See who is with you and celebrate...All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration. We are the ones we have been waiting for."

Here's what Peg wrote about a vision she experienced on June 9, 2001, at a Christine Page seminar in Jackson Hole. Her writing is large. The words came rapidly. It was obvious she wanted to quickly capture what she had seen and felt without trying to interpret or wordsmith:

"I'm walking down a corridor. It's a long, long corridor & at the very end of it is a big, blood red door. Why it's red I am not sure. Something about new life, new birth, the life-bringing awareness that blood brings.

There's a big door-knocker on the door, a symbol I've never seen but intrigues me. I decide there's no need to knock, & I reach for the doorknob. I touch the door  & feel an electric charge. There's a flash of fear & I open the door slowly & with anticipation.

There's a beautiful valley filled with mountains, lakes & wildflowers. I walk into that state & I'm in a bog & it takes great pereverance & strength to keep moving forward. A thunderstorm arrives--big, black clouds. Their raw beauty & power & the rain comes, quickly fills the area with H2O.  It lifts me out of the bog & carries me down the stream.

Quicker & quicker the river's running fast. I just go with the ride. I pass a green grassy island that I could grab on to. But I don't. I keep going with the flow of the river & it takes me through a dark tunnel.  I'm afraid, but I trust the river will take me where I need to go. I know somehow I know the beings of light & love are always with me, no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

Not alone.
Receiving.

Trust myself to go with the river
I am not alone

Love is everywhere

1 comment:

claudia said...

Eric, Thank you so much for sharing Peggy's writing. It helps (as I am sure you know)to keep her beautiful spirit alive. I'm finding myself missing her more the last few days. I guess that part of me that was still in denial is starting to realize that she is really gone....but yet again...she isn't. I will forever hold a piece of Peggy in my heart.