Friday, May 4, 2012

Peggy healing the world, one person at a time

I want to share an excerpt of a letter from one of Peg's former patients today, who knew she was in hospice but wasn't aware she'd passed.

"Your unconditional support and authenticity helped me to heal in a profoundly deep way, perhaps even more than you know. The changes that you inspired have altered the course of my journey in every imaginable way...I am so grateful for your presence and influence in my life and I feel truly blessed to have worked with you."

Suzanne, Peg's former office partner, dropped off some bagels today for Swimmer Girl and shared her experience contacting Peg's former patients to tell them the sad news. At first she wasn't looking forward to it--but when patient after patient opened up to her about how Peg had changed--or even saved--their lives, she found herself looking forward to the next call. And they all so appreciated hearing from her, not having known what happened to Peggy after she had to close her practice so abruptly in 2009.

Peg told our friend Lesley three weeks ago that any former patients are welcome to be at her memorial/life celebration. I look forward to meeting them on June 3rd as we share our collective memories of the richness and joy that Peg brought to all our lives.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Eric and Zoey, My heart goes out to you both. I love the picture that you posted Eric, the compassion just oozes out of her eyes as it always did when we talked. I have never know a more kinder compassionate person. She truly did heal one person at a time.