Monday, May 7, 2012

Who are these people?

Made it through the last of the photos tonight. Piles all over the office for brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and her mom.

Sending a big pile to our friend Roberta (medical school classmate) who I hope can share with the Denver crowd. Mass quantities to her sister Marianne, who I know can share with her mom and brother Jay. And another pile to Peg's friend Carla, who I hope I can locate (and who Peg expressed regret at not reconnecting with through all this). All these photos have been living in a cardboard box for the last 20+ years.

Reorganizing the linen closet, Peg's gardening section of the garage and kitchen cabinets...all part of the process. Don't worry, I'm not going to go out and buy a Corvette-- organizing and rearranging is about as crazy as I roll. But it did feel good to go through all the old photos, some of which  (pre-1986) I'd never seen.

I got a real sense of Peg as a social critter. Always surrounded by friends, always having some crazy, adventurous, wonderful fun, from high school on to the time we met when she was in her psychiatric internship.

I suspect she's on to way bigger shenanigans now. Way bigger.  

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Peg is a wonderful soul. I've been enjoying your photos. You two have had a rich and loving life together. Love Joyce

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Eric! I am so looking forward to receiving those photos, and I will definitely share them.

Can you tell me how, technically, you reproduce the photos on the computer? I know they weren't digital in 1986!

My email is roberta.richardson5@gmail.com. Thanks!

Roberta