Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bug patrol for the next week or so

Giving Peg antibiotics through her port three times a day to make sure the Staph infection doesn't come back. No needles, just screwing several syringes in succession into the port after lots of disinfection with an alcohol pad. Saline, Antibiotics, Saline, Heperin.

Peg was pretty wiped out today. Still trying to absorb the edema (accumulated fluids) she acquired by being on an IV drip for almost eight days. Not eating enough to maintain her weight, but hopefully her appetite will return. She doesn't want to force herself to eat and then be miserable because she can only digest so much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Peggy Sue, I'm checking the blogg every day to keep up on how you are doing. I still have a nasty cough so for sure I won't be bringing you my cooties. I will give you a call in a day or so. Please don't feel that you need to talk if your energy isn't up for a talk. Just want you to know........I'm thinking about you!