Monday, February 27, 2012

Not out of the woods, but better

We met with our primary doc and Peg's oncologist tonight. I didn't realize just how serious a bacterial blood infection is...many people don't survive it. But her white cell count and temperatures are good, so everything is working.

Having said that, she's still thin and frail, and not eating a whole lot besides liquids. Not sure when she'll come home (probably not before Thursday or Friday).

She's been through a lot the last few weeks. No chemo in the foreseeable future. Her CA125 numbers have only crept up from 420 to just over 500 after six weeks off chemotherapy, so there's no urgency to rush back into treatment. The main thing now is for her to get stronger, get her appetite back, and not be miserable.

Peggy is up for visitors, but I'd still like to be the "bouncer" so she's not bombarded with folks when she has such limited energy. Call me or email me. Love to all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you dear Eric for keeping us all informed. You, Peggy & Zoe are in my thoughts & prayers. I return home to Sac at 10 pm tonight. Jeanette