Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our new nightly ritual





I read aloud to Peg from Sacre Bleu, the new novel from one of our favorite authors, Christopher Moore (Lamb, You Suck, Bloodsucking Fiends). Brilliant, funny, profane and damn, we can't wait until tomorrow night when we can crack it open again.

Peg has gained back a pound. More energy and appetite as well. Hospice is working a whole hell of a lot better than chemotherapy.

We're prone to wacky (but real) conversations these days. Tonight we were discussing the garage, a.k.a. the "Man Cave." I've got all kinds of tools, props and projects in progress out there, but Peg and I have always had an agreement that no matter what was going on in the Man Cave, the Prius would have a safe and secure berth every night. She contended that after she was gone, it would be wall-to-wall Man Cave. But I assured her that I would not subject our daughter to burning her fingers on the steering wheel in August or having to scrape frost off the windshield at 6:30am before school in February. The Prius has a home there at least until Zoƫ heads off to college.


2 comments:

claudia said...

I want to be in your family! I just love all three of you. You laugh, you cry and you are SO real....and you laugh and you laugh and you laugh some more. Thank you for sharing your family so that those of us who aren't there yet can know what is possible. You are truly my favorite family and I'm looking to be adopted.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you like the book. Yay! Enjoy, with love, Mary