Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gloomy day + update

The hospice folks let us down for the first time. I've been taking fluid off Peg's belly every other day in small quantities to keep her comfortable. It's a one-time use plastic bag that clips into a port coming off her abdomen.

They haven't restocked the bags, so last night I pre-emptively took off twice what we usually do. It's really knocked Peg for a loop. Yesterday she was up getting things done...but today she immediately crawled into the living room bed and passed out.

She's having trouble getting food past her esophagus, so she hasn't eaten today either.

Realized I'm not as well put together as I thought I was. My anxiety level is through the roof. Feels like I'm wearing an iron jacket.

_________________________________

12:30pm

This morning was a wake-up call for me that I need to be around friends, not just take off on solo bike rides.  Picking up our friend Bruce in a few minutes, headed to Starbucks.  Peg is up and ate some soup. I'm feeling less anxious than I was this morning. Taking it a half day at a time.

1 comment:

Lori.creasey said...

I wish I could be there to bring on some cheer....There are clearly peaks and valleys on this journey.....So many wonderful days -- proms, irises---and now a day of rest. I'll wish you both restful rest, and lots of iris-days to come!