Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome back! The blog resumes... with your help

I've missed doing this blog, but we had a major security breach-- Peg's former patients and people we don't know/hardly know finding the blog. That's why we're requiring you to sign in... we just can't have this happen again. So I'm asking everyone reading this to swear on their Captain Cancer Secret Decoder Rings to

NOT

share the title of this blog, or your email, or your password, with

ANYONE.

You might have a friend or colleague who knows Peg, but

PLEASE

leave the decision of whether they can view the blog up to our family. Once a URL and password is on the Web, even if the intention is benign, the consequences can be pretty messy (horse is out of the barn).

For those of us old farts who remember the "Hogan's Heroes" TV show, in the immortal words of Schultzie: "I see nussing, I remember nussing..." Thanks for your help with this. I really want to keep the blog going, but if it gets outside this group, I'll have to pull the plug.

So. Only you are the intended reader. If you know of someone else who might want to follow the blog, please email me at ericwarp@comcast.net and I'll run it past Peg. We're trying to reduce her stress level, and this blog--as useful as it is-- is a potential stressor. Cancer-bad. Stress-bad. Cancer+stress-really bad.

We're settling back in (sort of). Peg's got a good appetite, but lots of belly distention. Doing a CT scan tomorrow afternoon to rule out anything besides her innards being slow to wake up. She's thin (except for her belly), has a good appetite and attitude, and is able to shower and go to the bathroom sans entourage. Looking forward to figuring out what to do next.

8 comments:

Mirabai said...

I solemnly promise to never share this site name, location or even that the internet exists so help me dragonfly.

So glad this is back up Eric, I have really missed it. Saw Peg today and can say that even with a distended tummy, she is REALLY strong. We went out for a walk and she was smokin'

Phyllis (aka mirabai)

Traveling Mom said...

This is Jeanne the "Traveling Mom" glad to be back in contact and your sight is safe with me. Peggy you're in my prayers and I'm sending you as much of my patience as I can spare. Mending is always in slow motion and we as humans are an impatient want it now species. You have two blessings living with you and loving you, wow! how great is that. Let them be your strength so you can focus on healing, patience, and being open to what's next. Life is such a mystery with unknown curves and bumps along the way. With that in mind it is good to move forward slowly as to miss most of those curves and bumps. Bless you, sleep well, and give those two blessings a hug from me so they can give you one also. Love, Jeanne Oh, and don't forget to relax those stomach muscles because holding them tight can encourage that unwanted gas production. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Eric....Peg and Zoe too. Glad the blog is back up. I am glad the site is now more private and personal. Looking forward to visiting soon.

Scarlett said...

I have missed keeping in touch. Thanks for including me in your journey. You probably did not know this, but we have coffee together every mourning, a chat in the afternoon and sometimes a glass of wine in the evening. I have been sending all of you, my most strong and positive thoughts and wishes. Peggy, I carry you with me when I run. Sending you super positive energy and a heap of Moe Joe!
Love,
Ann
sorry this is under Scarlett's name she already had a google acct. we are sworn to secracy

Dianne Pascoe said...

Dear Peg, Eric and Zoe,
Thanks for the update. I swear that I will not speak of said blog to anyone. I will continue to inform immediate family members of how the you all are doing. We as a family will continue to pray for an amazing recovery.

Peggy, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I have not wanted to call for fear that you might be resting.

Dianne

Unknown said...

I double-dog swear myself, on my grandmothers zucchinin bread recipe, to super secret secretness :) It's good to have this back Eric... thanks for keeping us in the loop. I hope you get some answers from the scan this morning, and I'm nearly always here if you need something.

Sarah Geist said...

So glad to hear you all are together at home. I really am glad to be included and updated. Would love to talk when Peg is ready since I can't visit. Let me know when the time is right. so wish I could come give a hug and bring some nourishment. In the meantime, know I am thinking of you, sending love, and healing thoughts. Get plenty of rest! And hope to talk soon. Sending all my love Susan (Google's AKA Sarah Geist)

Marjorie said...

Hi Guys,

Blog? What blog?
Peggy, I am listening to Michael Jackson songs and remembering the music we listened to when we drove to Boston. There was that Carole King song we played over and over again.
I am biking around the reservoir and taking in all the smells, sights, sounds as I think of you. I remember you pointing out flowers, colors, tidal pools, the light...on our walks.
As I remember this wonderful energy, I send it back to you to warm you and to help you heal. You are loved and cherished. Marge