Wednesday, July 8, 2009

CT scan results

Peg's been miserably bloated since the surgery.  "Eight months pregnant" bloated for eight long days.  It's made it difficult for her find a comfortable position, sitting or lying down, and she hasn't been able to eat as much as she'd like because of the pressure.

Yesterday she got a CT scan, today we got the results: fluid buildup.  They're arranging for drainage, which they'll do in conjunction with another CT scan to find all the pockets.  Hopefully that'll happen today, but if not, tomorrow.  It's an outpatient procedure.

The barium glop Peg drank for the CT scan kept her running to the can from mid-evening through this morning, so she didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  She'll be under a lot less stress when she can eat normally and rest easily.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Peggy and all,

Whew!!! I just returned after being out of town and was quite relieved to see that I made it onto "The List" and may continue to send you good wishes/crazy ramblings!!! So now that I'm back in the loop, let me send you some loopy “get well quick” ideas -- Throw out the CT scan and instead, swing from a tree like a monkey (This may or may not be combined with my earlier suggestion to pose as a hospital gown model in the jungle). Or, perhaps go down a giant 89 degree drop waterslide screaming "Jeronimo!" ....hmmm...you might have to do this one head first for the gravity thing to kick in, although I have to admit that I almost got a "C" in my college physics class, so you might make your own calculations before trying this one. Idea 3: Go flying down a zip-line -- the twang at the end ought to do the trick. Okay....maybe you better not throw out the CT machine and the physician consultants just yet..... I’ll give this some further thought.... Who are you going to trust – your doctors or your whacko cousin?

On a serious note, though, now that I’m back in town, my best wishes will not have to travel through 2 time zones to reach you, so I’ll be sending prayers and good thoughts that tomorrow’s technique will be just the right thing and you’ll get some good rest and feel wonderful.

Love,
Lori
(P.S. Thank goodness this cite is now private, as the California State Bar might call me in for a little sanity check if they read some of my entries. Yea privacy!)