Saturday, April 21, 2012

Special photos


I've always loved this photo, taken in my parents' driveway in Grand Junction, Colorado in November 1986. I had bailed on a job opening at a TV station in San Diego because I could not think about leaving Peg.  Nothing had ever felt so right.

As I've gone through the albums and shoeboxes, there have been lots of photos through the years with our arms wrapped around each other tightly, but this is my favorite. Two months into our relationship...we knew.

Here's another favorite, from January of '87, at a cabin in Point Reyes, California on a trip to see Peg's sister and her family:


Sometimes I imagine photos as a trigger for memories to be replayed exactly as I experienced them. And it works, in bits and pieces. On this trip, making cioppino with Jeanette and Greg. Taking a walk in almost pitch blackness with Peg through the forest road.

Sometimes I wish fervently I could just dive in and replay every moment, exactly as it happened. There's probably a very good reason we can't do that. We'd be stuck there, as wonderful a place as it was to be stuck. An endless loop of what was that puts off forever what is to become.

On we go.

No comments: