Friday, April 20, 2012

Peg's newly colorful nest

Our friend Chris rectified Peg's boring pillowcase situation today with her beautiful creations. Much more Peg's style. Here she is on the phone, ignoring the paparazzi (that would be Marlene and I jumping around with Marlene's iPad, me asking dumb questions about what button to push. Some folks assume I'm a techno-geek...I'm actually a bit of a Luddite).

On her doctor's advice, we bumped up the Fentanyl patch from 50mcg to 75mcg. It was like flipping a switch. She was able to go strong all day, good appetite, no morphine. Turns out that with some patients the patch starts to run out of gas after two days, not three...and Peg is probably one of those patients. At some point soon we'll find a rhythm with the meds; we'll dial it in so that pain management is something that's easy and routine.

Spent a fun evening going through her old photo albums from before we met, pulling out prints to send to friends and relatives. Ran across one of my very favorite images of Peg, taken on Cape Cod in 1986, just after we were introduced:



I think it really captures her in a way I can't adequately put into words. It's just always spoken to me. Love that sweet face.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I do too Eric. And yeah for colorful pillowcases. Steph is faithful to the one Peg and Zoe made for her for a birthday eons ago :D

Geneva