Sunday, March 18, 2012

Haircut day

Peg had an appetite this morning and enough energy to cut my hair.

The haircut's kind of a big deal. Peg's been my barber (best ever) for the last 15 years, and for the last three months she just hasn't had enough "oomph." I was starting to look like Andrew Jackson, if he had stuck his toe in a light socket. Wacky, mad scientist hair.

I sat on a towel on our kitchen floor, and Peg perched on a stepstool. I rotated so she didn't have to move around. She just dropped the clumps of hair on the floor. After 15 minutes, it looked like someone had sheared a Schnauzer.

Her energy level fluctuates. There is no "trending up" or "trending down," or even "holding steady." Today (or at least right now), she's definitely "up."

1 comment:

Lori.creasey said...

Yay!!! "Up" is good! Can't wait to see your charming new look (although I must admit that the mad scientist look did "become" you!)!!!