Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Peg's ashes

Between Saturday and yesterday, when I went to get Peg's ashes, things really shifted for me.

My sister Paula suggested that Marianne or Mike could keep them in Denver so we wouldn't have to have them here at the house. Marianne said she'd be glad to hold them for us. And yesterday my friend Joyce suggested I ask the crematorium if they could ship the ashes directly. So they did.

Zoƫ was relieved. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought it wouldn't have been a good idea to fixate on what portion of the ashes got scattered where (the garden, the Grand Tetons, the camper, the Rockies...I had mentally made quite a list).

That little grey plastic box is not who Peg was. And so what I thought would be a very heavy experience turned out to be, as Peg and I phrased it, "nuts and bolts stuff."

Thank you Paula, Marianne and Joyce. And thank you, Peggy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Zoe don't have to do this alone Eric.

G