Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bliss in multiple doses

Hard to believe Zoë fit in a grocery bag at age 3 1/2. She was walking around the house like a boss tonight in a tee shirt, swim team sweatpants and 4" silver stiletto heels. Always good for my posture...a little freaky to be looking at my little girl almost eye to eye.

This morning Joyce Mitchell's twin sister Janis did her reflexology magic on Peg's feet, hands and ears. As Peg rested afterward, she looked so zonked I wanted to make sure she was breathing, so I asked her if she was okay. She just smiled and said, "Totally...blissed...out."

More bliss. Lisa, Peg's energy worker. Our friend Karen, who spotted me while I blasted down the bike trail. And Dina, who we hadn't seen in years (and whose laughter never fails to fill us with delight).

Karen hadn't seen Peg for about three weeks, and was surprised that even though she's thinner, her energy level is better. It's true. When she crashes, she crashes pretty hard, but when she's on, she's really on. I think it's like in "Lord of the Rings," when Gandalf the Grey transforms into Gandalf the White.

Peg wanted to spend some snuggle time with Zoë tonight, but felt too "meh," so instead I read a couple of chapters to her from Bossypants.  Tapped off 350ml of fluid from her belly, so hopefully tomorrow her appetite will be back. Our nighttime routine now includes me packing a cooler bag with provolone next to the bed for when she gets the 5am munchies.

No comments: