Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wish she could fly

The Earth is holding her closer than I'd like tonight.

It smelled so good outside after the rain, with everything blooming, and I wanted so much for her to just be out there for awhile to take it all in, without the pull of gravity. She could only step off the front stoop before she had to go back in and sit down.

Had to spot her while she got ready for bed. I'll ask hospice to send a wheelchair tomorrow. I sold Peg's wheelchair when she went into remission...didn't want to acknowledge that it might be necessary to have access to one again.

Our "half day at a time" saying no longer applies. She had two wonderful visits with friends, watched "Psych" with Zoƫ and me...then crumped. "Living in the moment" never had the same resonance with me before now.

Looking forward to getting her out of the house, even if it's in a wheelchair. On every sensory level, it's stunning out there.

No comments: