Saturday, March 17, 2012

Colorado

This beautiful card arrived today from one of Peg's old friends in Colorado. Reminded me of the times we've hiked around the Maroon Bells, near Aspen, over the last 26 years. I never know what will make me cry, but this did...knowing how much Peg loves the Rockies, and how she'll never see them again.

Almost 13 years ago,  we were lugging our three year-old over muddy trails on Shrine Mountain Pass. I still remember this day like it was just hours ago.

No matter where Peg's journey takes her, I will always know where to find her heart.  And so the Rockies will always have a special place in mine.

1 comment:

nancy said...

a friend said to us loving and wailing bystanders, as he lived down his last illness days, "don't ruin what's been with the wanting of more."

i consider it wisdom to this day.

eating cake is not a bad plan b.