Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our own personal Chia Pet

It's official... Peg's sprouting soft, downy hairs from her sweet, sweet head. Got a few long survivors from the summer's hairy ordeal (yeah right, Pun Boy), but this week her 1/8" mane has gotten noticeably longer.

We've heard that post-chemo hair grows in differently than pre-chemo. I'm picturing Peg three years from now with a caucasian "Angela Davis" style ginormous white afro. Riding a tiger. Wearing a leopard skin bikini. I'll do a painting on black velvet of the whole effect... how could I not?

Peg's got a big ol' mole on the side of her head, about half inch around, that our family doc is burning off tomorrow. Totally foils my plan of drawing spider legs around it with a Sharpie marker. I was thinking Peg could do a social experiment at the grocery store by letting me do the spider thing and not wearing a cap... and then catching passersby in the act of staring at it. "Hey, waddayou lookin' at, pal?"

She'd be unlikely to do it, and it's a moot point after tomorrow, but Peg is far more fearless than she was before June 12. It wouldn't surprise me if she actually went for it. Life 2.0.


No comments: